WOODBURY – A fire that started in a corner unit of a condominium in Woodlake on Thursday spread into the adjoining units was put out about two hours later.
All available firefighters from the Woodbury Volunteer Fire Department reported to the scene, as did firefighters from Southbury and Roxbury. Bethlehem provided mutual aid to Woodbury.
Janet Morgan, Chief of the Woodbury Volunteer Fire Department, said it appears the fire started in the chimney of 9 Summit Court, and caused live ammunition in the unit to explode. Morgan said that when she arrived on the scene the entire chimney chase was completely on fire and there was no outer wood left on it, and the fire had extended into the building.
The fire was called in by a neighbor at 8:10 p.m. A volunteer firefighter who lives in Woodlake was on the scene in less than 2 minutes, and the first unit was on the scene at 8:27 p.m.
No one was in the unit at the time of the fire, and no injuries were reported.
The fire spread into 8 and 10 Summit Court, and Morgan said at 9:53 p.m. that the extent of the damage in those two units was not yet known.
[yikes-mailchimp form=”1″ title=”1″ description=”1″]