Dryer Fire Wakes Woodlake Redisents

The Woodbury Volunteer Fire Department responded to a pre-dawn fire at 5 Summit Ct. on Saturday, October 14, 2017. The fire started in a dryer in the basement of the Woodlake condo.

WOODBURY – A pre-dawn fire that started this morning in the basement of a condominium in Woodlake was contained to that unit, and did not get inside the condo’s walls.

The Woodbury Volunteer Fire Department sent 5 fire trucks to 5 Summit Ct., which is the end unit of a 5-unit dwelling.

A resident of the unit said one of the residents smelled smoke, and realized it was coming from the dryer.

The three residents and their pets got out safely, and sought shelter in their detached garage as the firefighters worked.

The residents were told by a firefighter that the fire was contained to the basement, and did not get into the walls of the unit. Firefighters were airing carbon monoxide from the condo out when Just Woodbury arrived on the scene.

Firefighters arrived at the scene at around 6:15 a.m., and began leaving at about 7 a.m.

Get Just Woodbury in your inbox!

Sign up below to receive email updates and maybe – just maybe – special offers from Just Woodbury's sponsors…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

656 More posts in News category
Recommended for you
Woodbury Restaurant Week 2019 Features 11 Eateries

WOODBURY, CT—Eleven local eateries are participating in Woodbury Restaurant Week 2019, which will be held...